Sunday, March 1, 2020

Journal #1 3/1

Hello.

I am writing this journal to document how I feel during this run to the 2022 World Cup. This is a long journey that will last 28 more months until June 2022 when the US will win the World Cup. I don't actually think that will happen but you just hope that something special could happen. I want to know how I felt along the way even though I am just some guy in his late-20s sitting at his desk in his room in the midwest of his buddy's house. I am a historian in progress.

There seems to be so much American talent out there right now that it is tough to keep up, but this could be a real turning point in our country's soccer history with all the youth coming through the ranks in the US and thankfully Europe. The talent and personnel exist and I just hope that we can throw the best XI on the field when it truly matters. Because the way I see it as National Team supporters — we love the development and potential of talent, but everything comes down to that one June every four years.

I know that I will grow up at some point during this road to the World Cup and I will probably reread these all entries at the end to see how I changed throughout. I don't plan for anyone to find these unless you visit my website regularly in the future because these will be mixed in all the On This Day, One Cap Heroes, Player Profiles and actually stories when I feel like it.

I started this project in December 2019 cutting old highlights and now 2.5 months later, I feel like I may have something here. There is potential. I want to write in a variety of ways. There are stories to tell that I don't want to see be lost. I feel like right now this could be good. A different project that could lead to different forms of expression.

March just started so now the Olympic Qualifiers and two friendlies will take up a majority of the writing this month. Maybe five total articles to a couple different websites. I will obviously log everything here. I'll try to write here weekly to record this journey will hopefully enjoy.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment