Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Journal #2 3/10

Hello.

My plan was to write every Sunday, but I didn't have anything to say at the time. Now I feel like I do. Yesterday, the news came out that the CONCACAF Nations League semifinal and final would be played in Texas. I had the thought today to see what it would take to go to one, if not both, of the matches. Once I did the research about where and what time the matches would be played in June, it felt like a no brainer. Southwest flight makes it like $250 there and back. I texted Gebbs to see if he would be in and after a little chat, he was behind the cause.

Honduras on Thursday, June 4, would be the semifinal. Basically, I will need Thursday and Friday off work. No problem. Flight Thursday out of St. Louis in the morning sometime. Arrive afternoon sometime in Houston. Hopefully, win the match. Stay in Houston. We will drive from Houston to Dallas Friday. Final Saturday. Fly out Sunday.

This makes me now look forward to a competition that gave every US supporter a breakdown after the loss to Canada in the group, but now that we are out of that group, I am on board again. It was a good last couple days with the players overseas with McKennie scoring Saturday, Adams returning from injury and making his UEFA Champions League debut and Pulisic may be back to match fitness after that ab injury. It seems like things are looking up.

Olympic qualifying starts in less than two weeks and I am looking forward to that. The two senior-team friendlies will be nice too but these three, four or five qualifiers will give us a glimpse at the progression of some of the pool since the U20 World Cup in June 2019. I may journal a little bit of that roster next week as we prep for the matches.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment